Criminal charges are a serious matter. You need a dedicated and experienced attorney to guide you through the criminal proceedings and to represent you. Whether you’re facing a traffic offense, DUI, or a felony, your livelihood and freedom may depend on the representation you choose. Attorney Ramon A. Moore has the experience and skill to defend you against criminal charges.
- 11 years as prosecutor with the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Wrote over 25 appellate briefs and argued in appellate court
- Wrote and argued People v. Gorosteata, which is a published opinion concerning search and seizure law
- Tried over 60 felony and misdemeanor jury trials and over 200 felony and misdemeanor bench trials
- 40 Felony juries/ 20 Misdemeanor juries
- Felony juries include: First Degree Murder, Attempt First Degree Murder, Aggravated Battery, Weapons offenses, narcotics, Sexual Assault.
- -Misdemeanor juries include: DUI, Driving on Suspended, resisting arrest. Battery.
- Argued countless motions to suppress
- Handled traffic matters
- Trial Supervisor – supervised team of prosecutors
- Branch 66, handled indictments for first degree murder and sex cases; examined witnesses before the Grand Jury
- Prepared and argued over 300 bond hearings
Law Office of Ramon A. Moore – Defending individuals accused of committing criminal acts; traffic, misdemeanor and felony offenses. Counseling individuals who are being investigated by law enforcement.
Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office – Assistant State’s Attorney-Felony Trial Division, 26th and California
Extensive criminal litigation experience:
- Litigated felony jury trials and bench trials on a daily basis and argue various legal motions.
- Coordinated with various police agencies in reviewing felony charges, search warrants, arrest warrants, and continued law enforcement investigations.
- Authored numerous appellate briefs in the First District of Illinois, including the published opinion People v. Gorosteata, 374 Ill. App. 3d 203, (1st 2007). (Oral argument heard; affirmed the trial court’s decision to deny the defendant a Franks hearing in a narcotics case.)
- Presented witnesses and victims to the Grand Jury for felony indictments and interviewed defendants for felony charges.
- Maintained and managed discovery in a busy felony courtroom.
Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office – 711 Law Clerk
- Litigated numerous bench trials under the supervision of licensed attorneys.
- Negotiated plea bargains under the supervision of licensed attorneys.
- Assisted attorneys in managing heavy caseloads on a daily basis.
Hogar de Cristo – Legal Assistant
- Assisted attorneys who represented juveniles incarcerated in the Chilean prison system by research and clerical duties.
- Improved knowledge of the Chilean legal system by accompanying attorneys to juvenile detention centers and court.
Northern Illinois University College of Law, Dekalb Illinois – Juris Doctorate, June 2005; Bar Admissions- State of Illinois-October 2005
- NIU Dean’s Grant Recipient
- Black Law Student Association, Member
- Moot Court Competition, Participant
- North Central Illinois Innocence Project, President
Lake Forest Collage, Lake Forest, Illinois Undergraduate Studies, 1998-2002 – Degree: Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Spanish- May 2002
- NCAA Division III Football
- Deerpath Leadership Scholar
Universidad de Diego Portales, Santiago, Chile; Study Abroad Program, Fall 2000
- Studied Chilean law, politics, economics and culture
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys Top 10 in Illinois.
Call attorney Ramon A. Moore today at 312.332.5134 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.